Sunday, May 11, 2014
Mother's Day 2014
Happy Mother's Day!
Today I'm celebrating by participating in the Big World Writing Club Write-in. Creating a time to be reflective about this past week. This past week started graduation season at the University of Minnesota. It's a time where some of the students that I work with launch into their first careers or embark upon graduate school. My heart fills with joy and my eyes fill with tears as I see each one of them march across the stage. It's a beautiful site to behold. I have learned something from each one of them and I am better for it.
This past week was also challenging because on my way to work someone rear-ended us on the freeway. I just can't imagine what they were doing - I keep thinking about those distracted driving announcements that dot the freeway signs. I have seen them but I didn't think much about them. Now they mean so much more to me. My sister and daughter were in the car and we are all still in pain four days later. It's not fair that we have to suffer because of a distracted driver. I'm going to concentrate on healing and forgiveness.
I'm grateful for my children on this special day! I hope my children will always think about me now and hereafter the way I think about my mother. I miss my mother so much. Her name was Lois and I appreciate that she prepared me to deal with everyone. She was very complex yet, so simple at the same time. Thank you, Mom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment