Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas 2009

Our family tradition is to celebrate altogether on Christmas Eve with lots of food, music, talking, laughter, games, and presents. The menu stays pretty much the same each year - prime rib roast, roast garlic parsley potatoes, cream corn, brussel sprouts, salad, desserts. I started to think about how the people change but the tradition stays the same. Some people transition on to another life and they are no longer present with us so all we have are the memories. I love talking about those memories because they mean so much. I want to keep the tradition alive so that when I'm the one that is no longer here with everyone they will be able to revel in the memories and feel proud about all that I accomplished on behalf of my family and how much I loved them. I'll post some pictures later.

No comments:

Post a Comment