Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Deep into Fall

We are deep into fall and there are no signs of summer except for the occasional peek of the sun. The air is crisp, cool, cooler, and cold! Leaves canvas the landscape. Halloween has come and gone with very few trick-or-treaters. My lovely daughter, Autumn dressed up as a fury and tended to the door. She looked gorgeous!

It's time to dig in for the long haul of winter in Minnesota. It can be beautiful but it also can be challenging. Just, be prepared! Dress appropriately, eat and rest well, get out and enjoy winter sports. Ah, the sweet smell of Christmas cookies baking in the kitchen and the timer going off every 10 minutes. Wait a minute! Not so fast! Let's not skip Thanksgiving.

This Thanksgiving I can say that I am thankful for my family. My children are all grown up and on the higher education track. Autumn has declared her major as English and minor as Japanese. Austin has been admitted to the School of Architecture at University of Wisconsin Milwaukee. Portia is graduating and applying to law schools. I am truly thankful.

1 comment:

  1. There are very people who can appreciate the change of seasons and relish fall and winter. That's one of the many things I love about you. You've got me thinking about all that I'm grateful for. I'll have to make my own list.
    love,
    lotus

    ReplyDelete